It ended up being more invasive than they originally thought, they went back further than the top of her head to reshape it. Then they put in plates and screws to hold the bones in place until her body makes bone to fill in the gaps. The screws and plates dissolve in a year, which we found quite fascinating! Thet set her eyebrows a little more prominent then you would expect, I guess in a few years they tend to sink back in. We haven't see anything yet though, I want to peek!
She's in the PICU now, and she will wake up and cry and put her hand to her head like "It hurts right here!" But they have her on as much morphine as they can give her. I just want her to sleep through the next three days!
They said her eyes will swell shut by Friday, but I think they already have, as you can see by the pictures. The bandages will come off on Friday and they will pull the drain that goes above her eyebrows on Saturday. She should come home on Monday.
Boo to this day, I need to go catch some Zzzzs!
Happily not knowing why she's in the funny PJs...


5 comments:
Oh, I'm so glad I got online tonight! I've been wondering how the day went for you all. Poor little kiddo - I so hope she doesn't have much pain. Take care!!
Oooooooooooh, she looks so peaceful. Here's hoping she stays sleeping until the boo boo feels better! Get some zzzzzz's. Sending BIG hugs to you and that beautiful LO of yours!
Carmen :)
I am so glad everything is ok. That little Dylie is one tough cookie! She must get it from her parents.
Even bandaged up and swollen closed, she's absolutely beautiful. So thankful things went well yesterday. Prayers for you, friend!
Dellaina
I am glad to hear all went well yesterday...I was thinking about you guys...good luck with recovery and I hope it all goes flawlessly
Post a Comment