Monday, December 1, 2008

Shopping shopping shopping!

News flash! Matthew didn't get hurt this year! i think that might make two years in a row! So the Turkey Bowl curse might have lifted! I was surprised he even played since he's just getting over this illness that's kept him laid up for 2 weeks but apparently he felt well enough to give it a shot.

Thanksgiving was yummy but neither of my little munchkins took their naps and Duncan was a wreck! Traci and I had big plans to snap a picture of the four kids together, sounds easy no? Well, Duncan was in no mood and we left at like 7 and he was asleep before we hit the end of the main street in mom's neighborhood. It was crazy... I woke him up to change him and make him eat and then he slept all night.

I finally dug up some friends who would dare go shopping on Black Friday and welcomed me. I went with the Kougioulis ladies after effectively inviting myself along. It was so much fun! We started at 3 in the morning and hit the mall, then at 5 we went over to Walmart, at 6 Target.. at 9 or so breakfast at IHOP. So yes, not only did I invite myself, but Eileen also bought me breakfast. This means that it's now a yearly tradition, they have been warned.

Since I was nearly done with the Christmas shopping I basically bought a bunch of stuff that I didn't need. But it was a great deal!? I have to give myself that one... even if Duncan won't get the Thomas the Train set until 2 years from now (assuming I follow the age requirement on the box.) I couldn't resist. It was $15 ya'all! $15!

We went to Matthew's mom on Friday night for Chinese food which was yummy. Along with the normal fried yumminess Kristen got Orange Chicken and fried rice from Panda. I don't think I have had Panda since the babies were born. I rarely eat when I would actually have to walk in and order these days, that's reserved for date night.

On Saturday it was my turn to get sick I guess, and it was bad! I was so sick with some 24 hour flu like illness I couldn't even sit up! It was ridiculous! I very rarely get sick to my stomach and this was the most recent time I guess. Matthew was so nice to me, going to the store for Sprite and letting me stay in bed all day. I couldn't function anyway, it was terrible.

Most of you know this already, but I give milk to a lady who I got in touch with through our Physical Therapist. She adopted little 24 weeker who can't have formula for some reason and she has been lucky enough to find donors so far and little Haley is almost one. Anyway... Shelly came over on Saturday to pick up more of the goods and she told me that they have little 25 week twins at the adoption agency that she works for that they can't get adopted. Isn't that terrible! So sad... There are fewer parents adopting because the economy and people using second mortgages to finance adoptions, so already they have a lot of babies. But no parents will look at these babies because of their potential problems. The 19 yr old mom, who already has a 4 yr old knows she can't take care of them but is staying here until they find a family. Anyone want a couple of tiny itty bitty twins?


What you don't get with this picture is the image of Duncan shaking the bouncer madly trying to get it to sing it's little 'look at me, I am jumping' song. He was... and Dylan was along for the ride. She didn't seem to mind though.


When I run the bath water Duncan crawls to whichever bathroom it's in and does his little 'I get to take a bath' happy dance. (Yes, that's drool!)


Matthew's not as fond of little nekked babies as I am but Duncan peed through his jammies and I was on to feeding the next baby in line. Seriously, his tiny little shoulder blades... I can't resist and sometimes I strip him down for the fun of it.



No comments: