Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I made caramels!

And in doing so learned a very valuable Christmas lesson... it's not the making of the caramels that keeps everyone from doing it, it's the wrapping of them! I didn't get the memo... so there I am wrapping and wrapping. Oh well... the first batch went so fast at the Anderson's on Sunday (and the days before just sitting on the counter here) that I made a couple more batches. One for the rest of the holiday and one to take the NICU gathering tonight. All of the volunteers are supposed to bring goodie to share and it just doesn't get much goodie-er then homemade caramels.

So my boy is so sick! He is hacking away, they are very productive coughs and I guess that's good right? Abbi's sick too and Traci's taking her to the doctor so I will be anxiously awaiting those results before I decide what to do about my little guy. He isn't sleeping well at all because he can't breath and/or suck on his binki and when you get him he just complains. Course his complaints are 'dadadadadadada...nnnnnandadadada' which is even more sad I think. So he's been keeping me up at night since Monday night. Poor little dude. Hopefully he will start getting better soon.

Duncan loves wheels. Any wheels... just wheels. He's so random. He will take all of his pull toys with wheels and flip them over and play with the wheels. Even on Sunday at grandmas I looked over and he had a bunch of wheeled toys surrounding him, all upside down. I guess this is a boy thing? He will take one finger and roll them. More then this, he has realized he can crawl while pushing the pull toys. So uhmm... yea.. that silly lawn mower that he got for his birthday? Yea, the one the makes that really loud popping noise? He pushes it all over the kitchen! And in case you're wondering, it is as loud as ever.

Everyone done with Christmas shopping? I think I am but I am sure something else will come up and we will need to run out. Matthew pulled several angels from the Angel tree at his work. I miss the angel tree I always loved going down so I was really glad when he did it even without me mentioning it. Just goes to show how great he is. Anyway, we went shopping for a lot of coats the other night. He got a couple of toy ones but said once he saw the coat ones it was over, he had to grab those. From what I understand the clothes angels go to families and the toy ones go to a school that allows the parents to shop. It was fun shopping even though we were rushing to hit there and the grocery store in one night. (Which doesn't sound to complicated until you weigh in the twin factor).

We had to be back early because a different quartet had to practice "Oh Come Immanuel" for the Sunday program. I LOVE that Christmas song, it's my favorite so if any of you know of a good version of it leave me a note, I am still looking for the best one.

And I threw this picture in of me attacking Duncan - Who is obviously tired of being smothered - not so you could see his cute face (although isn't he so cute?!) but so you could see "toy land" behind him. Seriously, is this place heaven or what? And in our defense, a lot are hand me downs from Abbi, or borrowed from Aunt Jill!


There is one thing that we have learned and that is that Dylan loves Care Bears. I think she thinks they are her babies. She gets so excited and pulls them close to give them nice open mouth kisses. Don't get any idea's people, we have them all. Some from Shane and Traci - a lovely donation from their cousin Giselle - and of course the crystal Anniversary Cheer Bear from Aunt Jessica.


Keeping busy - Here are the Christmas cards and the wedding invitation that I did in the last couple of weeks. They were super fun! I just need to talk more people in to sending out Holiday cards and having babies right? Get on it people!


The Mathews


Megan and Michael's last minute announcement. And no, it's not in the mail yet... They have plenty of time right? Yea... not so much. At least it's ready when they are.


Okay - and just because they are super cute, here are a couple of new videos of my cute sick boy. This morning he was willing to do his tricks on camera, briefly... I always kiss his hands when he tries to play with my face while I am nursing and yesterday he stopped and gave it a shot himself... It's super cute because it's so new he still has to concentrate and how to get his lips just right to make noises.

Duncan making kissy noises


Duncan waving

No comments: