Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Matthew!

Yea! It's Matthew's birthday today and... he's getting up there. All I know is that when you are older then my BIG brother, you're old!

Not a terribly eventful week and in the Anderson household that's not a bad thing at all. Jessica and Steve got back form their vacation in Italy and brought us back cheese and chocolate. Seriously, this chocolate is insane. It's like the kind of thing that you want to eat so bad, but then again, you don't want to eat it because you know that you will probably never have it again. I have to ration myself. There's like 50 pieces so I should be good for a month... week... well....

For the 4th of July we went to Trina's house for a barbecue and to see Aunt Jane and Uncle Dee. It was really fun and I finally got to see Trina's house. Dylan was in no mood to be trifled with though, not exactly a social butterfly that day, or yesterday for that matter, but today she seems to be quite cheery. She's moody, no idea where she gets that from.

Alice from Matthew's work got the twins the cutest matchy 4th outfits so we took a lot of pictures. Before digital cameras I have no idea how people got good pictures of two babies together! We took like 50 and we only have a couple keepers. They needed a new picture together so it worked out perfectly. HUGE thanks to Alice, that was so nice of her to pick up a random gift. It's those things and all the calls and e-mails of concern that surprise and humble us. These babies certainly are loved!

The other big news that we got this week was from the geneticist. Matthew and I got tested to see the likely hood of having another baby with Holoprosencephaly and it came back that we don't carry the gene for it. She's an anomaly, more proof that she is meant to be ours I think.

Here's more details on the gene thing since I have had to explain it a couple of times. She is missing part of her 7th chromosome, the Sonic the Hedgehog gene (yes, it's named after that Sonic, terrible...) which caused her to have some problems, the Holoprosencephaly, the tethered cord, the hole in the heart... all from this gene. I guess you can have that part of the 7th chromosome attached to like the 8th for example and still be normal. But if a baby gets the 7th from a parent that has it attached to the 8th, and the 8th from the other parent then that part comes up missing and then you are like our little Dylan... or more likely, worse. Hope that helps explain it for those that are interested. Anyway, I feel better about that and better for Duncan who I didn't want to have to worry about this with his own babies.

So, here are the pics!






No comments: